Pranav Mistry – The sixth sense
A small town guy from palanpur ,gujrat. born on 14th may 1981 ,completed degree in computer science in ahmedabad later he did masters degree Media Arts and Sciences from MIT and Master of Design from IIT Mumbai. He also dropped out of an Architectural college prior to his bachelor’s degree and at last he did PHd at MIT Media Lab.
Before joining samsung he worked with Microsoft, Google, CMU, NASA, UNESCO, Japan Science & Technology. In microsoft he was UX Researcher
Now he is the head of Think tank team (TTT) in samsung. this department is in the silicon valley from america the team is crewed by experts in fields from industrial design to physics, with experience in institutions such as MIT, Disney Imagineering, Art+Com, RISD, and others. Areas of interest include electrical engineering, optics, computational imaging, machine learning, natural language processing, visual design, computational graphics, material science, biochemistry, and others.
In short this team is full of a expert legends in their individual fields.
In the early days he was working with microsoft , in 2012 he left microsoft and joined samsung . samsung offered him to work with the think tank team (TTT). pranav said that he “found samsung offer much more intresting and he will be able invent and learn more with think tank team its not all about salary its the work satisfaction which makes us fullfill.”
There are some news that indian president narendra modi had offered him with his team and help india in improvement of technology but there is no reply noted of mistry.
There are some talking too about salary of pranav mistry in samsung, but this information is kept private by samsung and mistry.
After joining samsung in 2012 he invented samsung gear smart watch in 2013.
Awards and achievements
- sixth sense awarded by popular science 2009.
- one of ten, best inventors in the world right now” by Chris Anderson.
- one of the 15 Asian Scientists To Watch by Asian Scientist Magazine on 15 May 2011.
- one of the most powerful Digital Indians by GQ india.
- one of the 37 Indians of Tomorrow by India Today.
- Young Global Leader 2013 by World Economic Forum.
- Young Alumnus Award 2012, IIT Bombay.
- 50 Most Creative People of the Year 2010, CREATIVITY 50.
- Netexplorateurs of the Year 2010 award, Netexplorateurs Grand Prix 2010, France.
- TR35 2009 award, Technology Review.
- Invention of the Year 2009 award, Popular Science.
- Young Indian Innovator 2009 award, Digit Magazine.
- Nominee for Forbes India’s Person of the Year 2009.
Mistry is best known for his work on SixthSense. Among some of his other work, Pranav has invented Mouseless – an invisible computer mouse; SPARSH – a novel way to copy-paste data between digital devices; Quickies – intelligent sticky notes that can be searched, located and can send reminders and messages; Blinkbot – a gaze and blink controlled robot; a pen that can draw in 3D; and a public map that can act as Google of physical world.
sixthsense Mousless SPARSH BlinkBot
He is the one of the earliest candidate to talk in TEDX , in this video you can watch how he invented the sixthsense technology in details
He is now having his own website www.pranavmistry.com.
He had attachted his CV in his website , you can download it from here